Directions to the Visitors Center
Located in the southeast corner of campus, the University of Georgia Visitors Center is housed in the Four Towers Building. To obtain directions to the Visitors Center, please use one of the following options:
- Google Maps
- Visitors Center address: 405 College Station Road, Athens, GA
- Visitors Center GPS coordinates:
Local directions to the Visitors Center
(View video illustrations to find the Visitors Center once in Athens)
- Traveling south on US 129; south on US 441 and GA Hwy 15; south on US 29; south on GA Hwy 72; or west on US 78
- Traveling east on GA Hwy 316 and north on US 29; east on US 78; east on GA Hwy 138; north on US 441 and US 129; or north on GA Hwy 15
- Coming from downtown Athens
Parking at the Visitors Center
For access to the Visitors Center, visitors may park in the adjacent parking lot accessible directly from College Station Road. Visitors must obtain a parking permit from inside the center and display the permit in the dash of their vehicle. The parking lot connected to the Visitors Center lot via a traffic circle is UGA Lot E10. Parking in E10 is restricted to university staff permit holders. In the event that the center's parking lot is full, additional visitor parking is available in the pay-per-hour East Campus Parking Deck [map] [rates].
Directions to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
The UGA Office of Undergraduate Admissions is located in Terrell Hall, which is sits in the heart of North Campus, approximately 1.7 miles from the Visitors Center. If you are signed up to attend an admissions information session prior to your tour, please visit the admissions office Web site for directions to Terrell Hall and the North Campus Parking Deck.
Directions to the Honors Program
The UGA Honors Program is located in Moore College, which is also situated in the heart of North Campus, approximately 1.7 miles from the Visitors Center. If you are registered to attend an Honors information session prior to your tour, please click here for directions to the North Campus Parking Deck. Moore College is located to the west of the parking deck.
Please see immediately below () for information on additional parking information in the event the North Campus Parking Deck is full.
Additional Parking for Undergraduate Admissions and Honors
In the event that the North Campus Parking Deck is full and closed to visitors, visitors may explore parking options downtown [map] [rates], which is adjacent to the North Campus area in which the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Honors Program are located.
Traveling by air
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is located 80 miles from the Visitors Center. Average travel time between the airport and the center is one-and-one-half hours, though travel time may be affected by Atlanta traffic. There is scheduled ground shuttle service between Hartsfield-Jackson and various points in Athens. For more information or to make a reservation, please contact Groome Transportation (706/612-1155). Rental car service is also available.
Directions from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to the Visitors Center
- Upon leaving the airport, take Interstate 85 North.
- Follow I-85 to Georgia Highway 316 (Exit 106).
- Proceed east on GA 316 for approximately 40 miles until you see signs for Athens Perimeter (GA Loop 10). Important: Make sure not to exit at the exit for Bogart/Monroe at US Highway 78.
- Following the “University of Georgia/Lexington/Hartwell” sign at the junction of GA 316 and the Athens Perimeter (Loop 10), bear right onto the Athens Perimeter (Loop 10).
- Continuing on Athens Perimeter (Loop 10), proceed to and exit at College Station Road (Exit 7).
- Turn left onto College Station Road.
- After passing under the bridge, proceed through two traffic lights and the Visitors Center will be on your right in the Four Towers Building.
Athens-Ben Epps Airport, Athens
Athens-Ben Epps Airport offers flights to and from Atlanta and Nashville, TN via Georgia Skies. Local taxi service is available for transportation to and from Ben Epps Airport. Rental car service is also available.
Directions from Athens-Ben Epps Airport to the Visitors Center
- Upon leaving the airport, turn left onto Winterville Road.
- Continue on Winterville Road until it ends at Lexington Road (US Highway 78).
- Turn right onto Lexington Road (US 78) and proceed three additional traffic lights.
- At the third traffic light, turn left onto the Athens Perimeter (GA Loop 10).
- Continue on the Athens Perimeter (Loop 10) to Exit 7 and exit onto College Station Road.
- Turn right onto College Station Road.
- Proceed through the next traffic light and the Visitors Center will be on your right in the Four Towers Building.
Additional travel resource
Georgia 511 is a free phone service, hosted by the Georgia Department of Transportation, which provides real-time traffic and travel information 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The service provides information for all state routes and interstates and gives estimated travel times in metro Atlanta. Callers can speak to live operators to report incidents or request assistance, or connect to other services such as transit partners, airports, tourism information and 511 systems in neighboring states.