The deadline to submit an application is Friday, January 8 at 4:00 pm.
Student Staff Responsibilities and Expectations
Visitors Center student staff will:
- Serve as an information resource and UGA ambassador for campus visitors, faculty, staff, and students.
- Staff the Visitors Center’s information desk, handling walk-in and telephone inquiries as assigned; expect to work approximately 5–10 hours per week.
- Lead tours of the campus year-round.
- Research and update campus information to keep resources current.
- Attend mandatory biweekly staff meetings and required training sessions.
Students interested in applying to become a Visitors Center tour leader must:
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate student.
- Be planning to be enrolled at UGA through at least the following spring semester.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to represent the University of Georgia effectively to numerous audiences (visitors, prospective students, current students, faculty, and staff).
- Be able to work without direct supervision.
- Have a positive, enthusiastic attitude and strong customer service skills.
- Have a commitment to the institution and responsibilities of the position (occasional weekend assignment should be expected).
- First-round, group interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. Second-round, individual interviews will be conducted the week after group interviews.
- Those selected to join the Visitors Center staff are required to participate in a training session on Sunday, February 7, 1:00–6:00pm.
- All newly selected staff must be available for at least two hours a week of training for a six-week period in spring semester.
- All newly selected staff must commit to working at the Visitors Center for at least four weeks during the summer, any time between May 24 and August 17.